Friday, January 22, 2010

Learner's Service - A Great Opportunity

A Learners’ service was held in the Cohen Chapel at 9:30 AM last Shabbat (January 16). Led by Rabbi Fishman, this service included singing and a lively discussion of the structure and meaning of the Shabbat Torah Service. The service is great for both novice and experienced. The next Learners' service will be on April 10, led by Rabbi Israel. All are cordially invited to attend, and it's a service where all of - regardless of our current knowledge - can learn more!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Rabbi Fishman:
    I thoroughly appreciated the way the service was conducted, and I learned a lot that I can incorporate into my own approach to prayer.

    I very much like that you focused on one part of the service, allowing time to explore that component in depth. I liked the informal
    discussion and the inclusive way you handled everyone's input and questions.

    All in all, I was very pleased that I attended and look forward to the next session.

    ReplyDelete